Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother's Day

Just to get this out of the way
Mother's Day - my baby = CONFUSION
(and some more weird feelings).
Mother's Day is to the childless as Valentine's Day is to the single. I was really hoping not to have to endure another Mother's Day in this category and yet I find myself in a more difficult one. The in between. Not childless and yet not exactly with child either.
I always feel guilty at church for taking a flower which the primary children hand out to all the Mothers. This might actually stem from the time a child gave me one and then asked for it back because there wasn't enough for the Mothers in the ward, but I digress...
Sunday I am going to choose to be happy.
And I am going to allow myself to revel, laugh, cry, completely come unglued, in order to get there. I need to put this in words to hold myself accountable. I wouldn't write it unless I knew it was possible.
So watch out Mother's Day- this year I am celebrating.

7 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

As you should. You are one of the strongest mother's I know. You should take at least 2 flowers!

Anonymous said...

Damn! You should celebrate! You are forever a great mother, and I admire you. I think you should have all the flowers!!! :) Happy Mothers Day! Sarah Dunn

Molly Malia said...

YOU ARE A MOM! you have been a mom for almost a year now. you will always be a mom. i love you birdie! have a great mothers day!

xoxo

Emily Taylor said...

I just read a talk by Ardeth Kapp about this. You should read it. http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=f0e561cb2b86b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

You are a Mother.

Switzer-land said...

You are a mother! You're a great mother. Just because you are away from her right now doesn't take away your title.

Kristine said...

I don't even know what to write. Just I love you. And I feel that is completely okay to "revel, laugh, cry and become completely unglued".

heidi said...

good on ya!