Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Von Trapp Family Singers



Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. Ok I have no shame in my game. Anyone that knows me well already knows this so I don't feel bad admitting that my favorite movie of all time is The Sound of Music. Probably like the best movie ever made. The Von Trapp Family children were performing at Yankee Candle and my Mom and I went.
It was really fun for a fan like me. Yes, it was over the top cheesy. Yes, they did a Christmas song with animals sounds. But they also did a lot of the music from the movie. The "children" were actually great grandchildren of Kirt. The girls were all wearing Maria's actual performance costumes which is kind of cool. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to a friend. Mom and I had a great time. And to all of you closet fans, so long, farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye.

7 comments:

ashley said...

ok, guilty. totally love the sound of music too. wish i would have known about this when we lived together. we could have bugged nanc with our singing of all the songs very loud in the middle of the night. that whole thing, although like you said cheesy, would have been super cool.

janeen said...

wow, hard core kirsty loves the von trapp fam, very interesting. Who wouldn't loves songs you can completly blast out. I love whittney houston not for her actual songs but because they are so much to blast out singing to while driving in the car. Oh and I inherited Oma's voice so I sound "amazing".

Dana and ohana said...

I am a Von Trapp too! I can see ma singing along tot he movie and my kids are hooked too! Ahhh...traditions.
p.s. you two stink for going without me.

Kristine said...

that looked like so much fun. who doesn't love the sound of music? why didn't we all start our own little singing group?

Anonymous said...

I'd like to come out of the closet too. I love the Sound of Music. You'll never believe this, but at work the other day this girl didn't even know what the Sound of Music was. What a tragedy.

Anonymous said...

1) I cant tell you how much crap I have had from everyone here because I have not seen the following: The sound of music, Mary Poppins or Dirty Dancing. When I come out for a visit these movies need to be in your movie queue.

2) I LOVE this weeks quote. I have heard that sooo much here. "All you European look the same," said the safari guy. To which I responded, "I'm American." "Same thing, you allll look the same, cant tell any of you apart!" Classic!

The Wyler Family said...

Hey, David and I saw the Von Trapp Family in Phoenix a couple of years ago and I went on the Sound of Music tour in Austria! How come we never made this connection??? And I thought I knew you well...