Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Winter Break

A's. That's how we started off our Christmas morning. We received our fall semester grades and Travis and I both got all A's in our grad classes. That, in and of itself, was the best Christmas present I received. Other than that winter break was spent mostly sleeping, eating, and coaching. We received a few snow storms which Brocky did not think was cool. This was like the moment in A Christmas Story when Ralphie had too many layers on. Not stoked to sled. But he did have on his cute Pats beanie. GO PATS!

Travis was good enough to get me a lot of gift certificates so that I could go pick out fun clothes instead of angry lesbian clothes which I have apparently been wearing according to my students. He in return received fishing and golfing gear. His big present was a ticket to go see Jerry Seinfeld perform. Who knew he would come to Springfield?! But he is Travis' favorite so I think I won for best gift this year.

Other than that we had a swim team fund raiser at the bowling alley. It was awesome! The Reed's tore it up (suck on that Stott's!) Most of the kid's were very well behaved and we had a great time making fun of the kid's from the suburbs that were there. I had a higher score than the other swim coach that is super competitive and it felt so good.

We went to and caught a varsity basketball game in the New Haven Holiday Tournament.Yeah. Besides the refs we were the only white people there. The stats on Hill House High School: 1200 kids, 1100 black, 75 hispanic, and 25 white. Seriously. But it was fun. We didn't play well, but it was good practice for our guys. We're the team in the black.

So that was pretty much our break if you add in gaining a lot of weight and watching a lot of movies. Teaching is the best! It was nice to be us again for a week instead of being Mr. and Mrs. Reed all of the time. We hope everyone had a great holiday and has a wonderful New Year's.

6 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

oh brocky, you can come stay with auntie dana in non-snowy Oregon. Your daddy and auntie uggs are so mean to take you out in that cold stuff (but awesome beanie). I too always that you gave off the angry lesbo vibe I just didn't want to hurt your feelings.....you have some odd students.
We are glad to hear that Christmas went well. Love you.

janeen said...

I love Christmas break, that's when being a teacher is great..toobad it's over. I hope your new close stop sending off the angry lesbian vibe!

Brie said...

I personally like the angry lesbo vibe...is that weird? And whatever on the bowling..i've been bolwing on the Wii and i freaking rock on that...160's ..what up now my -------. ANywho, glad that you won for best gift- so, ps, Mr bean was correct and yes, you get to move on to the bonus round...cha ching. (angry that I just made that noise)

john and nikki said...

yo - we are in MA until Feb 1...come see us and party in BOSTON!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss black people...I need to come out for a visit. Side note: I'm listening to Mom read your blog out loud to Dad, pretty funny, " I would like to go to a nude beach, I have done hiking in the buff, cliff diving in the buff..." and "angry lesbo vibe," so funny to hear her say!!

Anonymous said...

Good words.