Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bunko Night!


I'm actually somewhat embarassed to write about this, but it's true: I am officially part of a girls bunko night that will be happening monthly. I went to my first one tonight. Few observations...1) Stay at home Moms like to make a lot of noise when they have the night off. 2) I miss real food. 3) Who really cares about Bunko? I need a solid game of Phase 10 or Ultimate Spoons to get my Irish up. 4) If you win the prize for lowest point scorer, do you even want it? That's basically saying here is your prize for being a loser. And 5) If you receive wall words as your gift and you don't want words on your wall are you allowed to switch?
Overall good times. I admit I got caught looking at my watch with an hour to go. I know, I had to back pedal. It's just weird to hang out with a bunch of girls again. It's been quite a while. It makes me miss my friends, roommates, sisters, cousins, etc. Just know I was thinking of all of you guys tonight. I wanted nothing more than to go back to the simpler times when I would get body checked into a door frame by Brie as she made a diving leap for a pile of spoons. Gosh I miss everybody. Fun girls rock!

10 comments:

Molly Malia said...

i think about the old times often... especially when i get stressed and sick of the cold...

Anonymous said...

I just played the other night-introduced it to some friends-just not the same as adobe ranch-goll I miss it like my belly button misses it's lint . I love you and miss you like candy Brie

Dana and ohana said...

I miss you too! Especially last night when Jason made me endure 3 hours of MOnster Truck Rally...you would have loved it! A little family smack down is good every once and a while. And I SO understand how you feel about those stay at home moms----they suck

Anonymous said...

Kirstin,
That's the best observation ever. I totally feel like I can yell and shout like I am a drunk crazy monkey that has been let out of its cage when I am with just adults. Love u-Aprille =)

janeen said...

Have you ever tried playing spoons by throwng them in different rooms? Now that is the best way to play spoons, it's basically wrestle mania but oh so fun.
Is Bunko the new mormon game, everyone seems to be playing it lately?

Brie said...

Hi Friend- where have you been...? I miss you call me. i heart you.

Spiresfam said...

ok confession time, we've been stalking without commenting and now we are deciding to stalk and comment with permission that is!
We miss you Kirstin. Sometimes Mark and I will quote Will and it makes us think of you. Miss and Love you!
ps what the *%7$ is Bunko?

Anonymous said...

I played bunko once with a bunch of married women with children talk about out of place!!!

Anonymous said...

I played bunko once with a bunch of married women with children talk about out of place!!!

Blogger said...

Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
SUBSCRIBE NOW