Thursday, February 28, 2008

Do married people really do this?


  1. So here it is...I am home alone for 5 days! I don't put an exclamation point because I'm really that excited to get rid of my husband, but every once in a while it's nice to have some time to yourself. He's off to California for a few days and I'll miss him. But just thought I would give you guys an idea of how much time we really spend together.
  • We work at the same high school. Different floors, but we always have the option of seeing each other if we need to.
  • We have one car. We drive to work together, leave together. If one of us has to go someplace alone, the other person has to drop them off and pick them up.
  • We have had at least one grad school class together for the past year. We share the same books and spend our Saturdays listening to lectures and trying to make sense of our notes together.
  • We have a stake calling together and we are both 4th Sunday Relief Society and Elders Quorum teachers. We travel most Sundays to other wards and branches and where we basically put on the "Reed Show".
  • Every Sunday night we become Elder and Sister Reed to our Addiction Recovery Group. Yeah. So after travel time, preparation, set up, group, take down, and assessment of how it went- that's pretty much our night.
  • We coach the same season so we are always at each other's events helping out or supporting.
  • We have a lot of students in common so not only do we "work" together to creatively problem solve we are role models for what a marriage should look like to staff and students.

I am probably forgetting some stuff, but suffice it to say we are constantly together. I know some of you are jealous. It is nice to have him right here whenever I need him. But I think, just for the next few days, I am going to enjoy my alone time.

11 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

alone time is good. I get a whole lot of it with Jas always on the road and it can suck BUT it does have its advantages every once in a while. The biggest one: you get the WHOLE bed to yourself. Oh I love that. If you get lonley I am sure Brocky would want to spend that night with Auntie Kirs! When are you leaving Travis to come visit me?

john and nikki said...

enjoy the time alone!

Molly Malia said...

kirstin time is good! i think that kasey misses me through out the day, cause he calls me a bunch... by the time i get home, i've already told him about my day!

janeen said...

Enjoy your alone time. Sometimes it's nice to be by yourself. Are you planning a party?

The Wyler Family said...

wow! you're lucky. some weeks, i don't see my husband in the daylight. i don't think i could be with him all the time like you are with travis, but i'd like to find a better balance than what we have. someday...

ashley said...

it's a good thing you guys were/are such good friends!
that is cool that you guys get to do so much together.
have fun on your "days off" it's nice sometimes huh?
~loves to you~

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling?
Aunt Lee

john and nikki said...

so how was the break?

Brie said...

DUDE- live it up...P-A-R-T-Y don't let your mama know...It's nice to have some alone time. Totaly pick up some movies, raid the fridge, and pig out!! love you

Anonymous said...

and the picture kind of sums up what that has done to both of you... you are in the sped classes!

Anonymous said...

What's up Kirstin! It's been too long. I could never forget my wild and crazy east coast room mate. Good to hear from you!
~Eryn