Saturday, March 15, 2008

SPRING!

I just thought I would update you guy's on what's been going on these past few weeks. My time home alone was wonderful, but it's nice to have my husband back. It's almost spring! We've been getting flurries on and off, but we're hoping we've seen the last of snow for right now. I took my last 2 teacher tests and I'll find out if I passed in the middle of April. I really hope I'm done with those. Anyways...


Travis will be coaching the boys freshmen baseball team starting Monday. He just got his cleats and Fungo bat so he's really excited. Now we just have to get him a good Red Sox hat to practice in and he'll be ready.

One of his Christmas presents was a ticket to go see Seinfeld perform in Springfield. Seinfeld is his favorite! He did not disappoint. He said he was hilarious for an hour and a half which if you think about it, is pretty hard to do. Travis was a little freaked out because it was a crowd of white people. After living here for a while white people do begin to freak you out. You almost feel like you've done something wrong when your in that kind of homogeneous crowd.

3, 2, 1, Dodgeball! Travis also took part in the school dodgeball tournament. His team won! Do you remember when you used to think 30 was old? Yeah these kids just think our staff (which is mostly comprised of late 20's to early 30's) is geriatric. They don't know what to do when their butts get handed to them by their teachers. It was beautiful and Travis did not hit anyone in the head this time.


Last but not least... I have gone to one of my Doctor's appointments this month. I am currently down 10 pounds since my last appointment, but was advised to lose 10% of my body weight. More than half way there so that's good. My blood pressure is looking good and they could find no obvious reasons why we haven't been able to get pregnant. So I think that's good news. Maybe. ? ! I have my next appointment on the 24th and we'll see how that goes. I feel good and I am hoping for good news with the cardiologist.



7 comments:

janeen said...

Wow, 10lbs, congrats! I think I may need to go on that diet of yours! Good luck with everything!

Molly Malia said...

wow, great! hey and good luck with the baby thing. next month we are doing artificial insem. yay, i never thought that this would happen to me. but when it comes it will be one happy day!!

Brie said...

Wow- i'm glad that the "diet" is working...when I throw up everything i eat, i usually lose 10 lbs too...but I'm pretty sure thats not called a diet, its Bulima kirstin...i know someone who could help. 1-800-lot-s-of-bs-in.
am I funny today? ps, pretty sure you thought you were funny on my blog...love it :) love you, you skinny thang. and yes i meant to type THANG

Dana and ohana said...

glad to hear you are losing some lbs. I'm trying really hard over here but those dang candy eggs are calling my name. I am going to cave one of these days but not yet.
***the kiddos were playing "airport" today and they were pretending to pick up you and Jamie fromthe airport for a long visit***

ashley said...

hello! (as i typed that i could hear you saying it as i came home to the animal house...gosh i miss that!)
anyways, congrats on the -10, that is impressive! hope things go well at the heart dr's.

why is brie so funny?

and thanks so much for being the coolest person alive and being the first one to buy from my lil shop, you are rad!

love you.

Anonymous said...

how did it go with the doctor on the 24th?
you have been in our thoughts....Aunt Lee, Uncle Kyle, Katie, and Mitch

Jennelle said...

Oh My Gosh Girl!!! Where have you been all my life? Well, for the past few years anyway. I guess I am officially a blogger now. Yea! your in Boston! Brady was just on Boston for a dental school interview at Tufts. We are on the waitlist so we will see how it goes. I have come to really loathe the waitlist...ugh! Good luck on the pregnancy stuff, sorry that you are having problems, I will keep you in my prayers...Love ya!