Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Hills Are Alive

I was looking at our calendars and I noticed that Travis and I really weren't going to have a free weekend until about April so I decided to book us a weekend getaway. Thank you priceline.com Anywho since I got to pick where we were going I thought why not go some place that Travis would never take me on his own aka Stowe, Vermont.
Home of the Von Trapp Family!


We visited the Trapp Family Lodge which was beautiful in the snow, but unfortunately it was FREEZING
and we only made it a few minutes before we got back in the car.


So what else do you do when it's below zero? Visit an ice cream factory. It's science. Ben & Jerry's was close by so we took the tour and luckily they were handing out my favorite flavor as the free giveaway. I might have had more than one. Travis was shivering so bad in this picture, but he was really trying to be brave and smile. Thin blood- he wasn't ready for the snow.


On the way home we stopped at the birthplace of Joseph Smith. That has been on our list of things to do for so long that I was just happy to cross it off. We took this picture as quickly as we could because it was butt cold. My face was about to fall off.


It was a short trip, but one that was needed. It was nice to have a weekend where we didn't think about homework or callings. I've been given the ok to book a trip in the spring. Any east coast suggestions on where to go?

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

What a fun weekend get-a-way. I don't remember the last one of those that I had. What was the highlight of the trip?

Dave and Janine Butters said...

Atlantic City... I know a place about 30 min outside. Let me know if you're interested :)

Lisa Woodbury said...

I'm pretty jealous you went to Stowe, VT. I LOVE the Sound of Music! Happy New Year!!!