Friday, January 2, 2009

Holy Rollers

Tithing settlement is finally over for 2008 which basically means I get my husband back. YEA! I still think it's funny that Travis is the Bishop, but the Lord has definitely qualified him for this calling. (Ps how old do I sound saying that?)

But seriously, look how cute he is when he's serving. The Young Women decided to heart attack his door and bring him some goodies. Absolutely the best part of his calling is the immense amount of treats we received this Christmas. Way to go Ludlow ward, keep up the good work.

Not to be outdone, we got a visit from the Stake Presidency a little while ago with a new calling for me. Apparently I wasn't working hard enough. I am now the new 2nd counselor in the Stake Young Women's Presidency. It's amazing that they still haven't caught on and continue to let me influence young minds.

I have been spending a ton of time online digging up all sorts of stuff that's young womeny. I am trying feverishly to memorize the new theme for 2009. Side note- it should not be this hard to memorize. If anyone has any great Young Women ideas for activities, tracking charts, youth conference, girls camp, dances, blah blah blah, please email me. The upside is I have been promised that the glory to work ratio is wonderful.

6 comments:

mckellebmassmemo said...

Welcome back to the bloging world! Thanks for the update.

ashley said...

i still can't believe you sleep with the bishop. so funny. and way to go on the new calling, i am sure that will be fun and the girls will llllove you.

janeen said...

look at you two...soon you guys are going to be translated! Good luck with your new calling!

The Metzgers said...

So, I just wanted to double check that you know that we did not give you cookies because Travis is bishop, but rather we gave you cookies IN SPITE of the fact that Travis is bishop. We love you guys.

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

HURRAY for Kirsten...love, love, love/heart the update and new look! Best website ever for YW...sugardoodle.net/mambo! And of course you would be called to that...I already freaking heart you and I know the girls do too!!

The Wyler Family said...

yahoo for updates. i was always so bummed when i clicked on your blog and there wasn't anything new. congrats on the new calling. fun times. i miss working with the young women.