Monday, April 5, 2010

Remember when...

Remember when I used to blog about normal things?
It's been a while. It still might be a while. I will say that Easter was great. We stopped by Hazel's house (that's what we call it). Although we think she's still too young to have her own place, we realize everyone makes their own choices. I feel like she has been given visitation rights to come see us on holidays, especially Easter, which is obviously her favorite. She gently gave me a hug and reminded me of the hope and joy the Resurrection brings. She assured me that she is looking forward to her perfect little body so we can do interpretive dance together- ahahahaha. Ok maybe it's this girl who is looking forward to that. Needless to say this was the best Easter I have ever had. It's the first time I think I have ever deeply reflected and rejoiced in it's meaning.
Besides that we have decided that we deserve a vacation. Really I always think I deserve a vacation, this is nothing new. However since Europe is out of the question again this year (boo Travis for being frugal and responsible) we are heading to our second choice destination- the dirty South. It's the only place in the States we have yet to explore and let's be honest, for good reason. I'm a Yankee and this could end poorly if they see our license plates. So dust off your rap and diamond plated grill we's bout to be hittin up the ATL. If anyone has any suggestions on where we should visit please let me know. I'm thinking Dollywood's a must.
Thoughts?

7 comments:

Brittany said...

SHUT UP!!! WE ARE SERIOUSLY GOING TO DOLLYWOOD THE 1ST WEEKEND IN MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Hello Kirstin, it's Camille, Jake Sherrill's wife. I haven't ever commented on your blog before but I've been following! Just thought I'd tell you, I'm from the ATL so if you need any ideas for your vacation just let me know! :)

Robin said...

Oh man I love your humor!!! Amen to the vacation! You definitely deserve it!

I agree with you that Easter was more meaningful this year. How thankful I am for the knowledge of the resurrection and what it means for little Hazel. Thank you for bringing such an amazing spirit to this world to bless our lives.

john and nikki said...

Kirsty - well said. loved the talks from general conference on the resurrection topic. LOVE the ATL - if you need suggestions give me a ring. w e lived there for 3 yrs and LOVED it!

Switzer-land said...

You gotta go to Paula Deen's restaurant "The Lady and Sons" in Savannah GA.
http://www.ladyandsons.com/

Probably need to make reservations well in advance, though.

Unknown said...

Hi Aunt Kirstin and Uncle Travis, this is Hannah. I think and pray about you a lot. I love you.
Love,
Hannah Banana

den leaders said...

I'm so jealous! You better be home when I come out the last week of May... and when you are ready for trip without sweet Travis hit me up ;)

I personally LOVED having conference on Easter, it made it easier to be extra spiritual :)

Love you and miss you!