Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One Tattered Angel


It's been one month today since our sweet Hazel returned to her heavenly home. I frequently find myself wondering what she's doing, who she's met, and if she thinks about us as often as we think about her. Today I might be feeling a little sorry for myself too. Yep, I'm human.
I was recently given the book "One Tattered Angel" by my Aunt Colleen (many thanks!) It's about a family that is caring for a daughter with health concerns similar to Hazel's. There is a line in it that I have been stuck on. It says, "Our church believes in the ministering of angels. I wonder how come you were asked to minister to an angel"? A day doesn't pass that I don't ask that question. I still have no answer. I don't even have the beginning of an answer and I have accepted that I most likely never will in this life. I wish I had a way to wrap up that statement or thought, but it stands alone in my mind.
Today, I just wonder why we had the privilege/challenge of ministering to a tattered angel?

8 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

because you guys are special!

Lisa Holland said...

Because all of us were not up to the challenge or privilege. How are you feeling. That is the update that I want.

Brie said...

i've known for awhile....why do you think i picked you as my bff? surprised you didn't know how awesome, funny, spiritual, amazing, strong, HOT, loving, selfless, special (in many ways :)), real, honest, etc. you are...thats just weird you're finding out so late :)

Switzer-land said...

Because God tests us by giving us what we think we can handle plus a little more. We do the same to our students, to make them better, stronger, more capable. He knows what we are able to do better than we do. You succeeded and were given a privilege because he knew you were up to the task.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are feeling sorry for yourself. I think you are a mother and father who love their daughter. I think of you often. I am hoping you feel better and hope to see you soon. Sarah dunn

"The Landlord" said...

Awesome line... thank you so much for sharing

Angela said...

I just happened upon your blog when doing a search for the book One Tattered Angel. Just wanted to say you are a special mother and were given a special blessing by Heavenly Father! I am adoptive mom to two special girls with hydranencephaly, and I have also lost a child, so I know what you have been through. Heavenly Father knows you and loves you and Hazel will be waiting for you one day with her crown of glory! Russell M Nelson has words to share of such comfort to me regarding our little ones we have loved and lost too early. Feel free to check out my blog as his quote is on the front page! It is www.earthhasnosorrow.blogspot.com God bless! Angela

Anonymous said...

I have read the ONE TATTERED ANGEL book and now I cannot seem to find it. Can anyone please tell me where I can get a copy? Desperately in need of it again as I promised to lend it to a lady with a baby boy who has " special needs".