Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Hazel


I can't believe it has been a month since Hazel arrived and we began this adventure. Today we are going to celebrate her one month birthday. Even though the pain of losing her is still excruciatingly fresh, a pain so severe I didn't even know could exist until Hazel did, we are better because of it. This has changed everything. I am so aware of my own shortcomings and weaknesses and am trying desperately to improve. I just look forward to the day where I can talk with Hazel face to face and ask her about her journey. Anyways, in honor of Hazel one my extremely talented co-workers wrote a poem. I didn't ask if I could share this so I hope it's ok (thank you Joy).

HAZEL

Through the workings of Heavenly Father,
In answer to years of Prayer,
Through the bodies of Brother and Sister,
Born from their Infinite Care,

On our world was bestowed such a Blessing,
That all who looked on were awed,
To see reflected within a child,
The glorious presence of God.

All of creation met in Communion,
As Heaven and Earth agreed,
No more radiant Angel has graced us,
Than she named as Hazel Reed.

11 comments:

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Happy Birthday sweet Hazel!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to little Hazel! That was a beautiful poem and we love you guys and are still praying for you!

Hollands said...

Lovely.......

janeen said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Dear Little Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweet baby girl.
-aunt lee

Jennelle said...

That is so beautiful and perfect. Happy birthday Hazel. Kirsten your amazing. Love you girl.

Robin said...

I love you Hazey baby. Happy Birthday!

The Daytons said...

Oh my goodness! This poem really captures it all. As we were following your journey with Hazel we really did feel the presence of God being radiated through her. I found your blog by the way Kirsten. We are excited to keep in touch with you. My Mom said you might come to VA in the summer, I hope we are there so we can see you. Ryan would love to talk about Urugauy with you.

john and nikki said...

happy bday sweet Hazel!