Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 5

Can you believe we are on day 5 of this crazy/amazing/emotional adventure? Me either.
Kirstin:
The plasma exchange didn't work yesterday. Half way through she got a hive in her eye and they had to stop so as I type she is again having a plasma exchange with extra meds to help keep the hives away. Cross your fingers, or whatever you do for good luck, and here's to hoping the plasma exchange goes well.
After we deal with her plasma we are back to dealing with her kidneys. Back to dialysis. This process will most likely continue for quite a while. As long as its helping we are all for it. Besides, last time she had it she took off 10 lbs! Where do I sign up??? Okay, not funny but there's gotta be an up side, right?
Hazel:
She has everybody wrapped around her teeny tiny little fingers. But most of all her parents. She got some more mommy and me time this morning and I honestly think this little girl would live to be 100 if she could just be held by Kirstin forever.
We just love, love, love this baby.
Travis:
Travis is feeling yucky (yes that is the medical term). A sore throat has cropped up so we ask for prayers on his behalf. He has been through the ringer this week. Lets pray for a quick recovery!
Happy Day 5 everyone! Go hug someone you love!

5 comments:

Switzer-land said...

Kirstin and Travis (and little Hazel),
Your faith is an inspiration to me and to everyone we know! I came to see you at the hospital yesterday but you were resting and I did not get to tell you that I love you and Travis and God loves your family.
Travis and I had a strange conversation last year about "Bridge over Troubled Waters" and how amazed I am when I think of it as God's letter to us about how much he loves us.

"I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down"


God is with you and your precious daughter and his love amazes me.
I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you all constantly. I am Jeff Dunns wife Sarah. We would like you to know we are here for anything you need. You all are in our thoughts. I have heard so many great things about you both! If you need anything I work in the hospital wed and thurs. Best wishes, Sarah Dunn

Anonymous said...

To all - no one knows me except for the Reeds. Just a reminder that I am Fred's mom and now Max's mom and they will know who I am. This little Hazle girl has touched my heart in way I could never imagine, I have a long story, but maybe Cherie may understand when I say I feel my daughter so close to me. I hope that she is one of Hazels special angel. All of my prayers and love and well, just everything goes out to you all. Sincerely, Sue

The Wyler Family said...

thank you so much for all the updates. kirstin, travis, and little hazel have been on my mind almost continuously for the last several days and always in our prayers!
lots of love!

Anonymous said...

To my dear friend Sue, thanks for your comments. I know the room we are all in with Hazel is filled with Angels, they are with us, we feel them! I'm sure your daughter is there too. Love you, Cherie