Thursday, August 5, 2010

St. Thomas

After Puerto Rico we headed to St. Thomas. We were greeted by a steel drum student band playing a medley of Michael Jackson hits. I got a great video of Travis dancing which won't load, but just picture it in your head.

Next we went shopping. My good husband bought me a beautiful Marahlago wave necklace for a steal of a price. I'm a kept woman. I'm not complaining.

Luckily the storm clouds seemed to dissipate for a little while and we enjoyed some sunshine.

We decided to take a tour of the island and loved riding in the open air trucks.

We headed up to Magen's Bay and around town. Absolutely gorgeous and also racked with poverty. I guess there's always a price for living in paradise.

By far the money shot of our vacation... this guy was walking his pet goat, Princess, near Magen's Bay. We struck up a conversation and he informed me of all the wonderful reasons to become goat owners. Apparently their milk and cheese are delicious. Little did he know, it's Travis' dream to one day own goats. It was my dream to one day have a picture of myself with a Rasta guy holding his goat so we both won.

Then we headed over to Sapphire Bay to swim for a bit. The water was fantastic. The kind of temperature where you have no hesitation walking right into the water. Love it!

There were some iguana's hanging out on the sand. Very tropical. I had an iguana as a pet for a while. She wasn't very nice, but these iguanas seemed fun.

It started pouring as we were leaving the beach and so we just returned to the ship. Great day. Here's a shot as we pulled away heading to the Dominican Republic.


No comments: