Friday, September 7, 2007

Our Lady of the Elms

So that's where I am taking my grad school classes. It's kind of fun because it's a Catholic College. The Professors have read in my profile that I am Mormon so they always try and relate stuff to Utah or anything they know about the Church. I appreciate the effort, it's just entertaining. They like to bless me. They don't know we don't make the sign of the cross. But, classes are way harder than I had ever expected. There is an overwhelming amount of work and I won't even think about it because I can't make sense out of how I will get it all done. If I wasn't so stunned this week I think I would have cried. But I did get my 4 page "preassignment" paper into one of my Professors on the first day of class. Who has an assignment before the class even begins? What? Travis decided to hope for mercy and didn't do it. I have to love his audacity. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

john and nikki said...

doesn't sound fun at all, but you will be glad in the long run. what are you going to school for? sounds like you will be blessed often there.

Dana and ohana said...

Trav--good luck to ya....

Anonymous said...

Kirstin,

I have total confidence that you will do fine.

I remember the feeling of being overwhelmed at the thought of grad school. It seemed daunting.
With anything like that in life, I tell myself, if others have gone before me and have done then so can I. If I can do it, I know you can do it! :)

I could not believe I did it with a family and working in the most demanding building in my district with double the preps of all but one art teacher in the district. On top of it, at one point, Uncle Kyle, started a new job and had to train out of town for three months. I was a single parent the majority of the time with no family or friends helping, and I managed with high grades. I went two and a half years straight (through the summers, too).

I wish I could say it was a smooth ride for my kids - one of my most regretful of times for them and for which I am eternally sorry. Maybe that's why Katie has such focus and determination with her college studies.... Anyway, she has a scar to remind us of that very hectic time. A story that she and Mitch can tell better than I.

Boy, was I glad when I completed my graduate degree. Maybe that's why I need to nap after school now....

Just think, at least, if you do it now, your children will not need to suffer through it with you. You can do it!!! :)

Aunt Lee

Anonymous said...

first of all can i tell you that blogger sucks. it have been clicking on the comment button for a minute trying to get it to open this window.

any way...why does it not surprise me that you were in the middle of this fight? you fight off all those wannabee gangsters.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you almost had a spontaneous crying episode. Are you trying to hint at you being pregnant?

Anonymous said...

That sounds like typical Reed fashion procrastinate and then just say, "well maybe he'll let me turn it in late, why wouldn't he, he loves me!"