Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Game Is Afoot

So we have started looking at houses. We have found a house that we absolutely adore. It's a little more than we wanted to pay, but we'll see. I think we could negotiate the $5,000 over budget. It's got 3 good sized bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, and a gorgeous yard. You can tell the people that own it have taken very good care of it. We'll see. We're new to all of this and it's kind of scary, but we are anxious to buy. It's got a dining room for my table! SO Important to me! The best part is the owners are still looking for a new house and our lease isn't up til the beginning of December so it might work out well. We're going to keep looking around, but it's exciting. I feel kind of weird going through people's houses. A little voyaristic, but I could get used to it. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. Wish us luck!

8 comments:

janeen said...

One of the most stressful parts of buying a house for us, in our price range, was finding a house that someone took good care of. So it's a plus that you have found that.
I also hated the closing aspect. I hate underwriters and how stupid and drawn out the process can be. But now that we closed on house on Friday, I am excited and ready to move on in.

Kristine said...

I love looking at people's houses because I love looking at all their things.

Good luck with the house hunt. We started it here but then quickly ended it. Too pricey and we don't want to live here that long.

john and nikki said...

good luck guys! buy something quick so the girls and i can come visit you this winter when we're in MA!! seriously, good luck with it all. looking at houses can be fun for a while and then it gets old. So, if you've found one you love don't let it go. Witht he market being so bad, the sellers are likely to give you a much lower price.

Dana and ohana said...

ohhhh, get a good one so I can stay at your house and Ma and dad can keep my kids! Were is it?

Brie said...

I have a lot of expereince in this area so give me a call...

Kirstin said...

Brie- why are you so funny? I love you.

ashley said...

wow, your so grown up looking at houses and all.

so tell your hubby that i love his hobby and i really think that we need to start a blog dedicated to random pics that are rad. seriously, i have seen so many of the hawaiian female mullet with the curls on top, i need to get a pic and share with him. so should we make a group blog for everyone to add pics to????

Anonymous said...

Once you have purchased a house and until the escrow closes you will experience the gamit of emotions. One day you will be ecstatic and the next you could be totally depressed. But as with all things "This too shall pass" and suddenly you're a home owner. We want to stay with you too, maybe you could rent out the spare room and take the roomie's on tours of NY, heck with work.

Love ya Dad XOXOXOXOXXO